Perrett ready for the test ahead

Ahead of Sunday’s opening weekend fixture against Peterborough Northern Star, we spoke to manager Dean Perrett about the test ahead.

The last time Harlow stepped out for a league game was March when they had beaten Bedford Ladies 5-4 in a close game at the Harlow Arena. It had been a while since they had focused on a competitive match. “It’s been a while…. Apart from the FA Cup last week, the competitive stuff starts Sunday with a really tough fixture away to Peterborough Northern Star.”

With a few players moving on, it was important to bring in some new faces to boost the current squad. Dean had signed a few including former Spur Shannon Moloney as well as Vicky Wotton, Ellie Manning and Amy Drew. “I am really pleased with the players we have brought in because they are huge signings for this club and because we seek the sponsorship for 90% of the players, the other 10% bring in their own sponsor which means we offer Ladies football for free. Thi is what we have been striving to do now for the last few years and with the clubs backing it’s been achievable.”

There was no doubt, it was sad to lose those who had played a huge part in their unbeaten season in the league but Dean knew he still had to focus on the task ahead with those that stayed on. “ It’s sad to see some players go and I wish them all the best with there new teams.”

Harlow go into the new season with a target on their back. Last season, they sat top with 41 points having won 13 and draw 2 of their 15 games. Whilst they have the same ambitions, it would only get harder. “This season is going to be so tough all the sides have strengthened from what I have seen so I fully expect everyone to be getting results against each other we were amazing I was so proud with what we achieved last season to be unbeaten was fantastic but I can’t see that being repeated this season I hope it does obviously but I think so many teams in the league have strengthened for the better. I would like to wish every team in the league all the best and to keep safe and good luck.”